Spain: Nine facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics21.02.2014
The alpine skiing powerhouse will hope that Jon Santacana Maiztegui has recovered enough from an injury earlier in the season to make his mark in Sochi.
- Related Features
- Netherlands: 11 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Switzerland: Eight facts for Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Italy: 10 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Andorra: 6 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- New Zealand: Seven facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Related Documents
- Spain - Paralympics Facts & Figures
• Spain has won 14 gold medals, 14 silver medals and 10 bronze for a total of 38 at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• Spain is one of 13 NPCs to have won more than 200 medals of each colour at the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games combined: 212 gold, 221 silver, 223 bronze.
• Spain has won a medal in each Paralympic Winter Games after debuting without any medals in 1984.
• Eric Villalon (five gold, three silver, one bronze), Magda Amo (four gold, one silver, one bronze) and Jon Santacana Maiztegui (two gold, two silver, two bronze) are the most successful athletes for Spain at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• Villalon, Amo and Santacana Maiztegui have won medals in three editions.
• Amo is the only Spanish woman to have won four gold medals in alpine skiing in a single edition, in 1998.
Oscar Antonio ESPALLARGAS JUAREZ
Arnau FERRER VENTURA (guide)
Miguel GALINDO GARCES (guide), Twitter: @MiguelinGalindo
Gabriel Juan GORCE YEPES, Twitter: @gabrielgorce
Ursula PUEYO MARIMON, Twitter: @UrsulaPueyo
Urko EGEA ZABALZA
Astrid FINA PAREDES
Aitor PUERTAS MARIN