Xuejing Chen1 September 1993
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- 2017, 2015 Asia-Oceania Championships – Gold
China are a rising wheelchair basketball team from the Asia-Oceania zone, and Xuejing Chen is one of the reasons why.
The 1.0-player helped China pull a surprise run at the 2018 World Championships in Hamburg, Germany. There her team had a heartbreak 44-43 loss to Germany in the bronze medal game. But it was a promising performance ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.
Chen was on the Paralympic team at Rio 2016, where China finished sixth. The nation have lately challenged Australia in the Asia-Oceania Championships, defeating the London 2012 Paralympic silver medallists at the last two editions, including the latest in 2017. Chen made the All Star Five team and is a low-pointer who contributes to China’s fast-paced system on the court.
Chen became a paraplegic after a car accident and was introduced to wheelchair basketball in 2010 at a local disabled persons federation.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month