Thomas Moylan19 August 1998
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- 2018 World Championship Qualification Tournament – Gold
- 2017 European Championships – Seventh
- 2015 European Championships – Sixth
Ireland reached their first World Championship in 2018, and Thomas Moylan can be credited for that achievement. His talent helped Ireland win the Qualification Tournament in Nottwil, Switzerland, beating New Zealand 50-42 in the final to book their place in Sydney, Australia. Ireland finished 12th in their Worlds debut, which was an important experience for the rising Irish star.
Moylan burst onto the scene as a 16-year-old and was named Most Valuable Player at the 2015 European Championships. The fact Ireland have played very few teams outside of Europe could prove to be a massive advantage for Moylan, as his style will be relatively unknown.
Moylan recently had his lower legs amputated which has slightly affected his top speed but has made his decision-making more effective.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month