Stefan Jansson8 March 1985
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- Rio 2016 Paralympics – Sixth
- 2017, 2015, 2009 European Championships – Silver
- 2013, 2011 European Championships – Gold
- 2007, 2005 European Championships – Bronze
Sweden have been among the top wheelchair rugby teams in Europe over the years, and Stefan Jansson is one of the reasons why.
From starting his own club in 2006, Jansson has helped Sweden contend for the regional Championship podium in seven editions, including golds in 2013 and 2011. He is among the most experienced players in the Swedish squad, with the 2016 and 2012 Paralympics under his belt.
A silver medal in the 2017 Europeans secured Sweden a spot at the 2018 World Championship in Sydney, Australia, where Jansson was named on the all-tournament team.
In the last major test before the 2018 Worlds, Sweden competed in the 2018 Canada Cup with other top nations, and once again Jansson proved his efficiency as a 1.0-player on both ends of the court to earn him another recognition on the all-star team. Sweden finished in eighth place at the 2018 Worlds.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month