Para sport & Paralympic News
- London 2019: Husnah Kukundakwe making history 17.07.2019 Young Ugandan hopes Worlds can take her closer to Paralympic dream
- Third series of goalball workshops held in Africa 21.12.2017 Uganda hosts 72 participants from seven East African countries
- Uganda’s first Paralympic medallist seeks further glory 29.10.2016 David Emong won silver in the men’s 1,500m T45/46 at Rio 2016 and, with the support of the Agitos Foundation, is already hoping to take another leap forward in Tokyo, Japan, in four-years-time.
- Throwback Thursday: Uganda’s Tofiri Kibuuka 09.06.2016 It has been 40 years since Kibuuka became Africa’s first winter Para athlete and 20 since he was named Norway’s Paralympic flag bearer.
- #IDSDP2015: Wheelchair basketball emerges in Uganda 06.04.2015 Since the late 1980s Uganda has been recovering from the impacts of civil war, including developing para-sports for those affected by the conflict and the wider community.
- Ugandan para-rowers aim for Rio 20.03.2015 In a land of breathtaking beauty at the heart of the African continent, para-rowing is bringing new opportunities and a Paralympic challenge to Ugandans living with a disability.
- Uganda Paralympic Committee stage recruitment drive 04.12.2014 Over 200 participants took part in 19 different para-sports.
- Two NPCs Take Part in Third United Nations Sports Youth Camp 26.09.2012 Event aims to provide attendees with access to training on how sport can be better used to effect positive change in communities
- Youth Workshop Opens in Kigali, Rwanda 13.02.2012 A Youth Workshop in Rwanda this week aims to develop the Paralympic Movement in East Africa.