Rio Sports Programme Decision Expected on Saturday at 08.00 GMT10.12.2010
A decision from the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Governing Board on the Rio Sports Programme is expected on Saturday (11 December) at around 08.00 GMT.
Seven sports have submitted applications to the IPC to be included in the Summer Games programme and all applications will be considered, together with the 20 existing sports, by the IPC Governing Board at a meeting in Guangzhou, China.
In total 12 members of the 14 strong IPC Governing Board, who are primarily responsible for the implementation of policies and directions set by the General Assembly, the supreme authority of the IPC, will attend the meeting.
As IPC Chief Executive Officer Xavier Gonzalez is ineligible to vote and Alan Dickson and Michael Sagarra are unable to attend, only 11 members of the Governing Board will be able to take part in the ballot to decide which sports will make up the 2016 Rio Sports Programme.
* President Sir Philip Craven MBE
* Vice President Greg Hartung
* Member at Large Dato’ Zainal Abu Zarin
* Member at Large Jose Luis Campo
* Member at Large Ann Cody
* Member at Large Rita van Driel
* Member at Large Ali Harzallah
* Member at Large Hyang-Sook Jang
* Member at Large Patrick Jarvis
* Member at Large Andrew Parson
* Athletes’ Representative Robert Balk
The Rio 2016 Paralympic Games will take place between 7-18 September 2016.