Nur-Sultan 2019: Women’s up to 67kg postponed16.07.2019
Four events to take place on Wednesday at the World Championships
The women’s up to 67kg competition at the Nur-Sultan 2019 World Para Powerlifting Championships initially scheduled for Tuesday (16 July) has been postponed to Wednesday (17).
During the beginning of the men’s up to 72kg category on Tuesday morning, the fire alarm of the venue was activated causing the competition to stop.
Following the emergency protocol, the Astana Congress Centre was evacuated. All athletes, team officials, volunteers, staff and spectators left the building safely.
Local authorities have not yet confirmed what activated the fire alarm. After a complete security evaluation of the building, the competition was allowed to resume.
The men’s up to 72kg and the men’s up to 80kg categories will take place on Tuesday as initially scheduled.
With the addition of the women’s up to 67kg, there will be four events on Wednesday’s programme, as below:
10:00* – Women’s up to 67kg
12:45* - Women’s up to 73kg
15:15* – Women’s up to 79kg
17:30* - Men’s up to 88kg
*Astana time (Central European Time +4)
- Related News
- Nur-Sultan 2019: Bonnie Gustin springs surprise
- Nur-Sultan 2019: Sherif Osman enhances his legend
- Nur-Sultan 2019: China shine with world records
- Nur-Sultan 2019: Brazilian and Iraqi powerlifters shine
- Nur-Sultan 2019: Raushan Koishibayeva targets podium
- Nur-Sultan 2019: Mohammed Khalaf goes for elusive gold