Kitakyushu 2018: Lingling Guo vs. Ni Nengah Widiasih04.09.2018
Chinese and Indonesian go head-to-head in women’s up to 45kg
Lingling Guo and Ni Nengah Widiasih will compete against each other for the first time at the Asia-Oceania Open Championships in Kitakyushu, Japan, from 8-12 September.
The Chinese is less experienced than her Indonesian rival but will nevertheless start as strong favourite for the continental title after setting a world record of 110kg on her way to women´s up to 45kg gold at the 2017 World Championships.
Paralympic bronze medallist Widiasih, who has been competing as a powerlifter since 2009, enjoyed a good start of the year. The 26-year-old won the European Open Championships title in Berck-sur-Mer, France, after clearing the bar at 97kg.
Head to Head
Guo: Nationality: China. Age: 29
Widiasih: Nationality: Indonesia. Age: 26
Guo: Has not yet made her debut at a Paralympic Games
Widiasih: Games: 2 (2012, 2016)
Medals: 1 (bronze)
DID YOU KNOW?
Guo: Considers winning gold at the 2017 World Cup in Dubai as one of her most memorable achievements
Widiasih: Became the first Indonesian powerlifter to win a Paralympic medal at Rio 2016
Full results will be available on the Kitakyushu 2018 website.
- Related News
- Kitakyushu 2018: 50 days to go
- Kitakyushu 2018: Yujiao Tan targets new world record
- Kitakyushu 2018: Great Britain announce team
- Algiers 2018: Sherif Osman named Best Powerlifter
- Tokyo 2020: 20 things for 2020
- Kitakyushu 2018: Guo Lingling targets continental title
- Kitakyushu 2018: Ones to Watch announced
- Para sport preview: September 2018
- Kitakyushu 2018: Cui Zhe vs. Li Jinyun