Hamburg 2018: Spain name men’s team27.07.2018
Wheelchair basketballers go for more history after historic Paralympic silver
The Zarzuelas, along with teammates Agustín Alejos, Amadou Diallo, Asier Garcia, David Mouriz, Jesús Romero, Jordi Ruiz and Dani Stix, made history at Rio 2016 by becoming the first Spanish side to win a Paralympic wheelchair basketball medal.
Alejandro finished as joint top-scorer in the Rio final with 20 points.
Six of the squad are also veterans of the 2014 Worlds team, where Spain recorded their best finish of fourth place.
Teenagers Pablo Lavandeira and Pincho Ortega round out the team. Both were part of the 2017 European Championships side and are up and coming talents to watch on the court.
Spain were drawn in Pool D with Argentina, Australia and Netherlands, and tip off against defending world champions Australia on 18 August.
Spain team in full
Dani Stix (1.5)
Pablo Zarzuela (3.0)
Fran Lara (1.0)
Alejandro Zarzuela (3.0)
Amadou Diallo (3.0)
Jordi Ruiz (2.5)
Asier García (4.0)
David Mouriz (2.5)
Jesús Romero (3.0)
Pablo Lavandeira (1.0)
Pincho Ortega (4.0)
Agustín Alejos (4.5)
- Related News
- Hamburg 2018 : Hawtin aims for back-to-back golds
- Hamburg 2018: French women’s team named
- Hamburg 2018: British women’s team named
- Hamburg 2018: Australia announced
- Hamburg 2018: Italy men’s team named
- Hamburg 2018: Clare Nott more motivated
- Hamburg 2018: British men’s team named
- Hamburg 2018: Spain women's team named
- Hamburg 2018: Argentina men’s team named
- Hamburg 2018: Brazil’s men’s team named