China Dominate Day Four of Swimming at 2010 Asian Para Games16.12.2010
China put in a dominant performance on the fourth day of swimming at the Guangzhou 2010 Asian Para Games winning 14 gold medals out of 16 events, five of which were in Asian Record time.
Lin Ping had a great day winning two gold medals and setting two Asian records, first in the Women’s 100m Freestyle S9 with a time of 1:07.31 and then in the Women’s 200m Individual Medley SM9 with a time of 2:48.75.
Shortly afterwards Chen Zhongian followed suit in the Women’s 100m Freestyle S8. Her time of 1:12.39 also secured her gold.
Other medal winners in the pool on Thursday included:
* Yang Bozun of China in the Men’s 100m Backstroke S11 – 1:08.14
* Pan Shiyun of China in the Men’s 100m Freestyle S7 – 1:05.66
* Cai Hongmei of China in the Women’s 100m Freestyle S10 – 1:07.51
* Takayuki Suzuki of Japan in the Men’s 100m Freestyle S5 – 1:22.31
* Kenta Sato of Japan in the Men’s 100m Backstroke S12 – 1:17.27
* Yang Bozun of China in the Men’s 100m Freestyle S11 – 59.51
* Xie Qing of China in the Women’s 100m Freestyle S11 – 1:11.40
Friday will be the final day of Swimming at the Guangzhou 2010 Asian Para Games and 17 gold medals will be up for grabs.
For all the latest results from the Guangzhou Asian Para Games which will run until 19 December and involve around 2,500 athletes from 41 countries competing in 19 sports, please visit www.asianparalympic.org.