Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Ones to Watch announced22.05.2018
Paralympic and world champions to look out for at European Open Championships
World Para Powerlifting has announced its Ones to Watch for the European Open Championships, set to take place in Berck-Sur-Mer, France, between 25 and 30 May.
These five powerlifters are individuals who have the potential to make headlines at the first continental competition of the year.
The Europeans’ Ones to Watch for powerlifting are:
1. Ali Jawad (Great Britain)
Returned to competition at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games after recovering from his longest Crohn’s disease flare up, taking bronze in the men’s lightweight.
2. Lidiia Soloviova (Ukraine)
Three-time Paralympic champion is ready to bounce back from disappointment of missing the podium at the Mexico City 2017 World Championships, the first time she has failed to medal at a major competition.
3. Marzena Zieba (Poland)
4. Nazmiye Muratli (Turkey)
Confident to claim her third gold at a Europeans after winning gold at Rio 2016 and silver at Mexico City 2017.
5. Souhad Ghazouani (France)
Home favourite, Paralympic and world champion will start as the leading contender in the women’s up to 73kg.
For more information about the European Open Championships in Berck-Sur-Mer, visit the event website.
- Related News
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Ali Jawad planning comeback
- Berck-sur-Mer 2018: Brazil to send strong team
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Non-European countries set to compete
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Photo finish for Justyna Kozdryk
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Great Britain team named
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Diego Quispe to make senior debut
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: French team looking strong
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Nazmiye Muratli vs. Lidiia Soloviova