5 Facts: Germany's Markus Rehm13.07.2017
The lowdown on world long jump T44 champion as he prepares to defend his title at London 2017.
This man can jump! Germany’s Markus Rehm will be a hot favourite for gold at the World Para Athletics Championships which begin on Friday 14 July. Here's what you need to know about the 28-year-old reigning world, Paralympic and European long jump T44 champion:
Five Facts About Markus Rehm
1) Rehm made his senior international debut in 2009.
2) He leapt a world record 8.40m at the last World Championships in 2015
3) Watersports is a passion – he lost his leg aged 14 in a wakeboarding accident.
4) He works as an orthopaedic technician specialising in prosthetics in Germany.
5) In 2015 he won a celebrity diving competition broadcast on German television.