Martin Fleig15 October 1989
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Gold: biathlon long distance
- 2017 World Para Nordic Skiing Championships: Gold - biathlon middle and individual; Bronze - biathlon sprint and cross-country long distance
- 2016-2017 Biathlon World Cup: Overall first
- 2015 IPC Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing World Championships: Bronze - biathlon middle distance
- Related Videos
- Martin Fleig - PyeongChang Shout Out
Martin Fleig is hoping to defend his two world titles in the men’s biathlon middle and long distance sitting at Prince George 2019.
The 2017-18 season was no ordinary milestone in his career. Fleig claimed his first Winter Paralympic medal, gold in the men’s biathlon long distance sitting. It was one of Germany’s seven titles at PyeongChang 2018.
Two years ago, he got the chance to compete at his home World Championships in Finsterau, Germany, with the crowd carrying him to his first world titles - two biathlon golds and one bronze as well as bronze in cross-country long distance.
It will not be easy for Fleig to repeat such performances in Prince George, Canada, as the field gets more competitive.
Fleig began skiing at the age of nine and started competing just two years later at the tender age of 11. His senior international debut for Germany came in 2006.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Tweets by paranordic