Laura Fuerst24 April 1991
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- 2018 World Championships – Bronze
- 2017 European Championships – Silver
- Rio 2016 Paralympic Games – Silver
- 2015 European Championships – Gold
- 2014 World Championships – Silver
Laura Fuerst made her Paralympic Games debut at Rio 2016. Although the experienced nature of the squad meant her playing time was limited, Fuerst showed glimpses of what to expect ahead of Tokyo 2020. She starred at her home 2018 World Championships in Hamburg, where Germany defeated China 44-43 for bronze.
During Rio 2016, the 2-point player collected modest stats, including four points, two assists and three rebounds in the opening game in front of a rowdy Brazilian home crowd.
A product of the German Under-25 and U22 junior national teams, Fuerst played college wheelchair basketball at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater in the USA. She had only been playing for three years prior to her move abroad.
Fuerst was involved in snowmobile accident in 2008 during an exchange year in the USA. Very involved in sports before her accident, Fuerst knew she wanted to stay active and was introduced to wheelchair basketball during rehab.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month