Giacomo Bertagnolli19 January 1999 Italy
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Gold: slalom, giant slalom; Silver: super-G; Bronze: downhill
- 2017 World Para Alpine Skiing Championships: Gold - super combined, Silver - giant slalom; Bronze - super-G
- 2016-17 World Para Alpine Skiing World Cup: Overall second, slalom - second, super-G - third
- 2015-16 IPC Alpine Skiing World Cup: Overall winner
After three years competing, Giacomo Bertagnolli made a name for himself on the alpine skiing international scene after an outstanding performance at the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.
The Italian took double gold in the men´s slalom and giant slalom vision impaired alongside guide Fabrizio Casal. He added silver in the super-G and bronze in the downhill to his haul.
But Bertagnolli had really come of age in the 2016-17 season.
Back then, the youngster won his first world title on home snow in Tarvisio, Italy, alongside two other podium finishes.
He also followed on from his overall World Cup win in 2015-16 with top three finishes in the super-G, super-combined and slalom. He finished second overall in the men's vision impaired behind Slovakia's Miroslav Haraus.
Bertagnolli and Casal enjoy a close friendship that has enabled them to enjoy success throughout the years. Having been to school with each other, the pair decided to transfer their relationship to competition.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month