Daniel Cnossen17 May 1980
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Gold: biathlon long distance
Daniel Cnossen is enjoying the best moment of his career, having recently taken his maiden Winter Paralympic title in the men’s biathlon long distance sitting at PyeongChang 2018. As a result, he became the first male US Nordic skier to seal Winter Paralympic gold.
He later added two biathlon silvers and two cross-country silvers and one bronze to his tally.
Cnossen extended his winning form into the new season, claiming four golds and two bronze at the first World Cup in Vuokatti, Finland, before sweeping all his cross-country and biathlon events at the Ostersund World Cup.
Prince George 2019 seems to be the perfect opportunity to add a world title to his Paralympic gold.
In September 2009 he was serving as a US Navy Seal in Kandahar, Afghanistan, when he was injured by an improvised explosive device and lost both his legs.
In 2016 he gained a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University. Cnossen then went on to take a master's degree in theological studies.
- LATEST NEWS
- 05.08.2019 Nadezhda Fedorova suspended for anti-doping violation
- 05.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: USA top table as Junior Worlds conclude
- 04.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Breathless third day
- 03.08.2019 Nottwil 2019: Noah Malone makes his way
- 02.08.2019 Vote for July’s Athlete of the Month