Why is the programme necessary?
As athletes, you need to think of a career after elite competition. When it’s time for you to retire from sport - how will you deal with this? In the same way you approach the challenges of elite competition. You get a coach. The IPC ACP has access to a team of career coaches with great knowledge waiting for you.
- By delivering the IPC ACP, your organisation is providing a structured and internationally recognised programme that can attract new potential partners.
Or perhaps you aren’t ready to retire but simply want to get a first experience through an internship or traineeship; or do you need a flexible job that will allow you to get work experience, an income and continue your elite sports career? We can support you to find a sustainable sport-work balance and identify the right opportunities.
NPCs that are delivering the IPC Athlete Career Programme are seeing great benefits for their athletes:
- It creates success stories from athletes who have gone through the programme which can be used to inspire young athletes and the general public promoting life-long development and achievement.
- By delivering the ACP, your organisation is providing a structured and internationally recognised programme that can attract new potential partners.
“Why not tap into the help you can get from the IPC ACP to prepare for life outside of sports by creating and following new dreams. The Programme provides you with career guidance and mentoring as well as job placement support to enable you to contribute to society in a different arena by applying your skills and lessons learned in sports to achieve new goals.”
Todd Nicholson, Five-time Paralympian and Gold medalist – Chairperson of the IPC Athletes’ Council.
What makes you Para athletes special…
- the ability to inspire;
- a strong mindset;
- time management skills;
- the will to overcome adversity and turn challenges into opportunities;
- team spirit;
- drive for success.
Whatever your plans are, you can count on the advice and guidance of experts who know what it takes to transition smoothly into a new pathway or combine both – elite sports and a job.
The programme helps you:
- to plan your career choices;
- to figure out what you’d like to do;
- to define the kind of roles that suit your skills and how to transfer them into the world of work;
- And a whole lot more…
The IPC Athlete Career Programme works with Para athletes, the Paralympic Family and companies to explore strategies that make all of you successful together.
Now you know the 'Why'. Want to know 'How' the IPC Athlete Career Programme works?