Joerg Frischmann - September 2006
Name: JÖRG FRISCHMANN
©Photo: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
42-year-old Jörg Frischmann started practicing various sports, including Table Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball, in 1986. Two years later, he got involved in Athletics and found his calling in the disciplines of Shot Put and Javelin.
Returning to Assen after his first World Championships in 1990 and competing for the fifth time at an IPC Athletics World Championships, Jörg finished second and won a silver medal in the shot put competition (class F44).
This medal is his 20th medal in an international competition (Regional Championships, World Championships and Paralympic Games) and makes him one of the most successful members of the German team.
After studying sport sciences at the German Sport University in Cologne, he has been working as the ‘Director of Sport for Persons with a Disability’ at TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen since 1998.
- 2006 IPC Athletics World Championships: 1 silver
- 2005 IPC Athletics European Championships: 1 silver
- ATHENS 2004 Paralympic Games: 4th place
- 2001 IPC Athletics European Championships: 2 gold
- Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games: 2 bronze
- Atlanta 1996 Paralympic Games: 1 silver
- Barcelona 1992 Paralympic Games: 1 gold, 1 silver